Here I have served this sauce with ricotta cheese filled Ravioli which makes the dish very rich. Gorgonzola Sauce is also great on Fettuccine or classically with Potato Gnocchi.
Serves 4 as and appetizer or 2 as a main course.
You can double and triple this recipe, everything relies on the quality and ripeness of the Gorgonzola cheese.
- 110 gr gorgonzola cheese well ripened and cut into large cubes
- 80 ml milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 60 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 25 gr Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teas salt
- 300 gr fettuccini or another dried pasta of your choice
- Measure out all your ingredients and in a small sauce pan place the cream, milk and butter to melt. Add the Gorgonzola and melt (do not boil). Warm a serving dish and place your pasta in it. Pour the melted sauce over the pasta and then add the grated Parmesan cheese, toss and serve immediately.
- This can be done in a large heavy pan if you are making this for 4 to 6 persons, tossing in the drained cooked pasta then adding the grated Parmesan cheese and tossing to coat it all. Pour into a warmed serving dish and serve immediately,