This is a classic Coleslaw, perfect for summer barbecues. A good recipe for picnics and an absolute for the American Diner classic, a Burger deluxe. Check out my recipe for Quick Pickles to go with your burgers. This is also a great side dish for pulled pork, roast meats. The apple and vinegar in the recipe make it light and fresh.
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 ml Mayonnaise perferably homemade or Hellmans
- 3/4 dl crème fraiche or gräddfil
- 600 gr white cabage finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot cut into match sticks
- 1 small Granny Smith apple cut into match sticks
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, mayonnaise and the crème fraiche together in a large bowl.
- Shred the cabbage as finely as you can.
- Take the the carrot and apple and cut into fine match sticks.
- Mix the cabbage, carrot and apple together and then add the mayonnaise mixture, mix well and check for salt. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste