I don’t understand why more people don’t have this in the fridge when you visit. Its cheap, fast to make and much better than anything you can get out of a bottle.
Another advantage is that you can make it with different types of tea. I like stronger tea’s like Earl Grey and English Breakfast but my partner likes green tea which is more mild.
One thing I do think is important is that you buy reasonably good quality teas.
- ½ + 3 liters water
- 20 gr loose tea of your choice. or 4 tea bags.
- 2.5 dl plain white sugar
- 1 -2½ Juice of 1 -2½ lemons, strained or to your taste.
- Take the ½ liter of water and the sugar, place in a pot and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea. Cover and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain through a coffee filter if you were using loose tea or squeeze out the tea bags and throw away.
- Add the remaining water and stir.
- Add the lemon juice tasting as you go until it is the right tartness for you!
- Place in the fridge to get cold.
- Serve over lots of ice with a slice or wedge of lemon.