This is a handy recipe. This can be served with tuna steaks or sword fish steaks and even beef steaks but its a must for my Tuna Tartar recipe.
This is a handy recipe. This can be served with tuna steaks, sword fish steaks, but its a must for my Tuna Tartar recipe. The recipe will make 2 and half (1 cup) of mayonnaise.
- 2 1/2 dl Mayonnaise Homemade or Hellmans Mayonaise
- 1 teas. dry wasabi you can use paste as well
- pinch salt
- large pinch sugar plain white
- few drops apple cider vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Be sure to taste as you go, the sugar will help neutralize the bitterness of the waasbi but it shouldn't be sweet at all.
Wasabi can be really bitter. This is not a hot sauce, the wasabi should give the mayonnaise a nice underlying horseradish flavor. If you are too heavy handed with it, the mayonnaise will leave a nasty bitter flavor on the back of your tongue. So my best advice is to taste as you go. It is an excellent accompaniment to, grilled or broiled, fish and shrimp. I have even seen it served with beef (steaks)and of course grilled tuna steaks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!