A simple and incredibly delicious lunch/brunch course with a salad or as a fantastic first course. You can use the recipe to make canapes like my Salmon Canapes.
You will need my recipe for Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 500 grams tuna very best quality you can buy
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger very finely minced
- 2 tbsp red fresh chili very finely minced
- 2 tbsp spring onion very finely minced
- 3 tbsp coriander very finely minced
- 3-4 tbsp light chinese soya
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 teas. salt
- Making sure the tuna is as cold as possible cut into small cubes about 1/2 cm or 1/4 inch. Return to the fridge to stay cold. This can be done a few hours before.
- Finely mince the ginger, chili, spring onion and coriander. Add the lime juice (see note below). Add the soya sauce and sesame oil and mix well. Check for seasoning and then add to the tuna, being gentle so not crush the tuna.
- Return to the fridge and let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Mold in rings, top with a small dollop of Wasabi Mayonnaise and decorate with a few coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.