Warm freshly baked scones can be a real treat. Since they don’t need any time for raising they can be make in just a few minutes. What a great treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack. This is a recipe for simple and quick scones.
- 225 grams plain white flour
- 1 1/2 teas baking powder
- 40 grams butter cold
- lg. pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teas sugar plain white
- 75 ml Greek yogurt
- 75 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or 425°F
- In a bowl with a sieve placed in it add all the dry ingredients and sift together.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt and the milk together.
- In the bowl with the flour break up the butter into small pieces and rub it into the flour between your fingers. You are looking for something that looks like cornflakes.
- The mixture will be dry. Turn out the contents onto the counter and bring it together by pressing the mixture together. Turn it and do this 3 or 4 times until it comes together.
- Don't worry if its a bit crumbly it should be that way.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough until its 2.5cm or 1 inch thick. Use a large cutter (5cm or 2inches) to cut out rounds. Gather up the extra and again press it together and you will be able to cut out a few more.
- Place the scones on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a 220°C or 425°F oven for 12 to 16 minutes.