Beautiful Crispy Breakfast Toast
This is the best recipe I have ever found for a loaf of white bread that is perfect for making toast. It’s addictive and takes no time at all. If you like a crispy toasted slice with your breakfast this cannot be beaten. Yes, I make this once or twice a week. My neighbor enjoys this so much he often hits it been a while since I made an extra loaf.
- 1, 25 x 12 cm loaf pan or 10 X 5 inch
- 475 grams White Flour
- 2 tbsp Suger
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Salt
- 14 grams Dry Yeast
- 50 grams Fresh Yeast
- 20 grams Butter Softened
- 283 grams Warm Water
- Measure out all of the ingredients using a scale including the water.
- Mix the dry ingredients with a spoon or whisk
- Add the butter and warm water to the bowl and mix using the handle of a wooden spoon. When it comes together tip the bowl out onto a table and knead for 5 - 7 minutes. Then place in a clean oiled bowl and cover. Let raise for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- After the first rise, place the dough on a board or table and knead for 3 or 4 minutes. Shape into a log 25 cm long and place in a standard 25 x 12 cm 0r 10 X 5 inch bread pan and let rise for an additional 40 to 1 hour, covered with and oiled pice of plastic wrap.
- Bake in a 190 degrees or (350 degree) oven for 35 to 40 minutes.